|The latest track (as of 12:53 p.m 8/26/11). We’re the red dot…|
- “Under Pressure” – David Bowie & Queen
- “Before the Storm” – Queensryche
- “Panic Switch” – Silversun Pickups
- “Only Happy When it Rains” – Garbage
- “Ocean Breathes Salty” – Modest Mouse
- “Please Don’t Go” – Double You
- “Invisible Sun” – The Police
- “Ghost Town” – Shiny Toy Guns
- “Hurricane” – Panic! At the Disco
- “Rock You Like a Hurricane” – Scorpions
- “Wave of Mutilation” – Pixies
- “Flood” – Jars of Clay
- “Float On” – Modest Mouse
- “Destroy Everything You Touch” – Ladytron
- “Weather With You” – Crowded House
- “The Iron Sea” – Keane
- “Daylight” – The Judybats
- “Beautiful Day” – U2
- “Walking on Sunshine” – Katrina & The Waves
Like it? I think it’s a pretty good mix. I just might have to put this together on iTunes as a way to remember this weekend.
Charles came home at lunch and says traffic is already miserable heading out of town. Grocery store parking lots are full and the line at the little ice stores that dot Highway 70 toward the beaches have long lines of folks waiting to fill coolers. Everyone seems to be waiting until the last minute to prepare. Thankfully, we did most of our preparations Wednesday night into Thursday, so we’re ready to ride her out.
My big worry is the beautiful beaches that we’ve come to love. The weathermen here are saying that extensive beach damage/erosion will occur along Emerald Isle Beach/Atlantic Beach/Salter Path/etc. and that it make take quite a while to get things back to normal. I also worry about all the wild horses out on Shackleford Banks, but I’ve been told they’ve made it through similar storms just fine.
Wish us luck! We’ll keep you posted…